Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Am Me

A word I heard often
Yet never understood
till the I day I felt it
a murmur from somewhere inside

I looked in the mirror
and there I saw it
A Narcissist no doubt

I shuddered
I looked away
and looked again
a little more intently now
Hoping it would be a mirage
My eyes playing tricks on me
or maybe a faulty mirror

No such luck
There he stood
in the Mirror
proud and mocking

I have been in you
In your self-centered
self-absorbed
self,
all your life.

Surprised?
Have you not met me before?
I have resided
In your heart and soul
and you have been the one
to feed me
Everyday

In every I
I have grown stronger

You believed you were different
kind, generous and ego-less
that has worked fine for me
for the lesser you know me
the more I have known you

When everything was about you
no empathy for the other
replaced her need with yours
her emotions for yours
proudly I said,
I am Me
A Narcissist

I am as You are
the Narcissist
living your pathetic life
in service of I

~ September 2013

1 comment:

  1. Great reflection of your thoughts. I learned about Narcissim today. We see many people around us thinking they are Narcissist but a reflection of "I" can let us know there is some in each of us. The degree may be different. Once we realize the "I" and take it positively forward life is beautiful

    ReplyDelete