Sunday, October 27, 2013

I Am An Aeroplane

Just as the sun went down
I set about on my journey,
I caught the last few rays 
of the pink, orange & red
gave it a dignified salute 
for being the constant
it always is
embraced with happiness 
the stars and moon
that peeked to guide my journey.

I love the abundant expanse of the skies,
It gives me peace and time to reflect
Cruising above the clouds
Looking at the sheer emptiness
moving towards infinity
It makes me realize my littleness
in the largeness of this universe

I wonder who I carry today
A parent going home to her children
A daughter going home to her parents
A lover to his beloved
or a family on a holiday
Is it a weary traveler,
worn out from the long journey
and treading the difficult parts of life,

Sometimes,
A traveler running away,
from life and loved ones
or broken hearts and promises.

I take them all into my embrace
without prejudice or caution
and give them those few hours of solitude
amongst hundreds!

I much love my relationship
with the expanse of the sky
my friendship 
with the moon, sun and the stars,
I love destinations too!
For they give my journey partners 
light at the end of the tunnel.

They tell them, home is always near
just a few hours away
and I am always here,
to take you home
to your loved ones or otherwise!

I am a loner in the sky,
sometimes winking at my friend
taking another route to another destination,
But, when on ground,
I love being amongst my friends
and the friendly chatter of the humans
who take care of me and nurture me
for yet another journey

I love taking the world into my bosom!
Into their destinations of life!
some coming home,
others running away!

I am an Aeroplane!

~ 23rd November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment