Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It's Time Now

It is but the human condition
To ignore the impending doom
For life to go on as usual

As I walk my streets
In the predawn breeze
I see not the beauteous universe
Just human discard
Thrown with scant disregard

Drunk in our own ego
For we are the owners of the earth
And everything it means
It belongs to only me
For me to treat it as I please

Ah! The Ego of the human condition
Believing it to be lords

Scurries away this scant ego
On the first sign of danger
For so frail is our ego
To be scared of its own folly

Maybe the virus is the antidote
To the human virus
Whipping it out
For its time has come

Your time has come
We will reclaim the earth
From the scum
Of human waste
Roar the silent trees
As they stake claim

To God's Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment